Thursday, December 16, 2010

Being online to chat

I love Internet tabs. I like being able to click from one web page to another without having to close one page to get to the next. It is especially helpful when I am chatting with someone on one page and looking up information for that person on another page. I was on facebook and my chat window was open. I have several friends that when we are both online one or the other of us will start a chat. I was going from my profile page to my home page when I saw one of my friends pop online. Facebook was going a little slow and so I went to a blog page while it was loading but I kept watching the facebook tab to see when it would start flashing "new message". A little time passed and it never flashed. I started getting a little annoyed with my friend for not writing so I decided to go back to the facebook tab and see why I was so rudely being ignored. I got back to facebook and saw that facebook was having a hiccup moment and had actually taken me offline from chat. I can see how it would be kind of hard for my friend to start chatting with me when facebook was saying that I was offline.
Then I started thinking about Heavenly Father and prayer. How frequently do we have something to pray about but we get distracted by something else? It isn't always "bad" things that distract us. The blog I was looking at was a good blog, but it still distracted me from talking to my friend. How frequently do we pray for something but before God has a chance to answer we close the chat box and sign off? So many people out in the world say that God does not exist, their reasoning is that they pray for something and it doesn't happen. How can he answer when we shut off communication? He is always speaking to people, but have we gone offline just as He was typing in His answer? Do we ignore His blogs ie. Bible, Book of Mormon etc? How many times have you been waiting for communication from a friend but they weren't able to help us at that moment so they send another friend to let us know what's going on? How many times have we asked a friend to pass on a message for us to someone that they would be seeing soon? The prophets of the Lord are the same as those friends. They bring us a message from our Heavenly Father. We should welcome them into our lives and listen to what they say just as we would listen to a friend giving us a message from another friend. If we want to have communication with God we need to keep the line open, and accept answers from unexpected sources. We can't let good things distract us from something better. And every now and then we need to check and make sure that the connection wasn't unknowingly interrupted.

No comments:

Post a Comment