Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Acrobatic Butterflies

2 Tim. 1: 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. There are times when it is easier to stay in the shadows, to hide from the world. Sometimes shame drives us, sometimes pain. Most times it is fear, fear of rejection, fear of retaliation, fear of looking like a fool, fear of being wrong. The Lord has not asked us to know everything, He has asked us to open our mouths and have faith that the words will be provided. Sometimes, like I tell my own child, He says "because I said so." And I need to trust Him that he has a reason, just as I have a reason when I tell my child that.
Philip. 4: 13  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.So why do I have acrobatic butterflies in my stomach? Being bold and brave has never really been my strength. I am the person behind the camera. I am the (wo)man behind the curtain. So I started this blog so that I could follow the Missionaries in my area, and I got the idea that since I have it I might as well do something with it. So, I have my "larger" blog that pertains to the everyday happenings of my life. But, like the smaller plates of Nephi, this blog will be about spiritual matters. So back to the butterflies, I am a little nervous about putting this side of me forward. I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ, but it is very personal to me. I know who I am, I know where I am going, and I am ready to share that knowledge with all who ask. In a world where people don't know what to stand for or what purpose there is, I invite you to come unto Christ and find the best purpose.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I'm so proud of you for being a warrior in your own right and standing for what is beautiful and just to you. Keep the faith, soldier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your faith!
    Keep growing everyday and the Lord will use you in ways that you never thought possible.

    ReplyDelete