Tuesday, November 30, 2010

My Family

So I heard a trivia question that said that Americans can typically only handle three and a half days of this. The answer was “family visiting from out of town”. I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard that! 3 and ½ days?! That is barely long enough to get caught up. Most of my family was recently in town for the Thanksgiving holiday. I live just down the street from my parents’ house, and every morning my daughter and I would get out of bed, get dressed and then head to their house to have breakfast and spend the entire day with our family. We would leave around 9:30/10 o’clock at night. We did that from Wednesday to Sunday. We played games, we watched movies, we teased, we bickered, we ate food, we listened, we laughed, and we loved. We had friends stop by. We missed my older sister who was unable to come down with her family. Oh and some of the crazy ones got up at 2 ish in the morning to go shopping on Friday. Me personally on that day, I slept until 8:30 or 9. The best part of the weekend was being gathered around my sister-in-law, who after two miscarriages is 6 months pregnant, and her allowing us to put our hands on her abdomen to feel our little nephew kicking away. The worst part of the whole weekend was when my brother and his family and my sister and her family had to pack up their cars and head back up to Washington. I hated saying goodbye. I know I will see them this summer for our annual family reunion, but that is 7 months away!!

My family means so much to me, even when they annoy me, even when I don’t like them all that much. 3 and ½ days, what I wouldn’t give to have that be the amount of time between visits.
I am so glad that I know that I can be with these wonderful people for all eternity. I am theirs and they are mine. Nothing can separate us, not even death.
 Oh how I love my family!




My dad with one of his grandsons

My mom during Murder Charades
My oldest sis and her fam


My oldest Bro and his prego wife :)
Next oldest brother with his wife, son and nephew
My sister and her family
little sister
all the (current) grandkids

1 comment:

  1. What you wrote is so true, I need at least a month to really sit, hug and talk to each other....3 days just wouldn't work. I love seeing all your family pictures, it makes me feel the love you all have for one another! Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete