Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Reason

This is my most precious "possession". This is my monkey in her Halloween costume, and yes that is definitely her attitude. She is all sass, and I love her with all my heart. She is one of my most favorite people in the world. When people ask me why I go to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, she is my reason. I can't imagine believing in a god that would put us in family units only to have that end with death. I l.................................................................................. yup In Matthew it says that the Lord will give unto them [prophets] the keys of the kingdom and whatsoever they bind on earth will be bound in heaven. They were talking about families. We can be with the ones we love, as a family, forever.
I love my family very much and even though they annoy me sometimes, I would never want to be far from them, even in heaven. One of my favorite movie quotes from Little Women is spoken by a dying Beth to her older sister Jo.
Beth: If God wants me with Him, there is none who will stop Him. I don't mind. I was never like the rest of you... making plans about the great things I'd do. I never saw myself as anything much. Not a great writer like you.
Jo: Beth, I'm not a great writer.
Beth: But you will be. Oh, Jo, I've missed you so. Why does everyone want to go away? I love being home. But I don't like being left behind. Now I am the one going ahead. I am not afraid. I can be brave like you.  She then tells her, "I know I shall be homesick for you, even in Heaven". 

How much do you love your family? What would you pay to keep them with you forever? The great thing about the gospel is that it is free! It is available to all men without price. In the Temples of the Lord families can be sealed for time and all eternity. What greater gift is there?

1 comment:

  1. This is very beautiful, such a love we have for our children. I remember being on my own with just Marina and I. I strived everyday to be the best mother I could be. I could never leave Marina nor could she leave me....she still thinks that we will live as old ladies on some huge property so we can have seperate houses but still be together...I have always told her, yes we will forever be together and you will alwaysbe my baby. I now know that we will be forever together and our wish will become true on earth and in heaven with our Heavenly Father. Wonderful story, from your heart and it brought back many memeories for me and future hope of us all being together...:)

    ReplyDelete